Among the various office suite applications that professionals use these days, LibreOffice is considered to be all time favorite due to its Open Source feature. The recent news for the application LibreOffice Viewer is that now it is available for a number of devices and the operating system such as Android. Also the application can be made compatible with the personal computers with Windows operating system, with the help of an Android emulator such as Bluestacks. A number of features, both existing and new are available for both Android devices and the windows PC that can provide you the functions that you wish to have.
Read More: Adobe Lightroom Mobile for PC
The application LibreOffice Viewer now supports a number of files, such as files with open document formats that are .odt, .odp and many others. Along with this it also supports a number of other files such as Microsoft Office 2013/2010/2007 in formats of .pptx, .xlsx, .ppsx, etc and Microsoft Office 2003/2000/97/XP in the formats of .ppt, .doc and others. There are many more supporting features that the application is expecting to have in its future releases. Some of the future features of the application LibreOffice Viewer are interactive document elements such as urls, browsing of the external storage cards, and many others to make usage even easier.
LibreOffice Viewer application runs on the similar engine on which the LibreOffice suite does for various operating systems such as Linux, Mac and Windows. Thus, it can read all such documents that are supported by the LibreOffice suite. The developers of LibreOffice suite have developed the application LibreOffice Viewer with an amazing feature of supporting cross-platform formats on your mobile device. The open source application LibreOffice Viewer, from the suite LibreOffice runs on the license of Mozilla Public v2 and various other licenses depending upon the device and operating system you are using to run the application.
The application of LibreOffice Viewer can be installed and operated easily on your Android smart phones and other devices but in case you wish to get the application on your windows PC, there is an option to install it on your device through an Android emulator. The Android emulator Bluestacks allows you to download and install any android application on your windows device. Thus, if you have the emulator Bluestacks on your windows device, you can get access to a number of android applications and can get it on your device.
Read More: Fring for PC Download available on Windows 7/8/XP
- Install the android emulator Bluestacks on your windows personal computer. Firstly, download it.
- Now open the search option of Bluestacks and search for the application in it with the name LibreOffice Viewer.
- A list of results will be displayed with the application LibreOffice Viewer in it. On clicking the application, an option of install will also be displayed along with the application.
- On clicking the install option, the application LibreOffice viewer will start getting installing directly on your device.
- Once the installation is complete, open the ‘My Applications’ section of Bluestacks. Here you will get your installed application from where you can open the application LibreOffice Viewer for PC.